Liverpool add to Arsenal woes with FA Cup third round win in north London

Liverpool add to Arsenal woes with FA Cup third-round win in north London

Arsenal slumped to a third successive defeat after Liverpool showed resilience to leave Emirates Stadium with a 2-0 victory that sends them into the fourth round of the FA Cup.

Jurgen Klopp’s team were under pressure for long spells but with the Gunners failing to take their chances, they were able to snatch victory through a Jakub Kiwior own-goal and added-time strike by Luis Diaz.

West Ham face a third round replay after being held to a 1-1 draw by Championship side Bristol City at London Stadium.

The Hammers appeared set for a comfortable afternoon when Jarrod Bowen fired them into a fifth-minute lead, only for Tommy Conway to equalise in the second half.

Kevin De Bruyne made an eye-catching return and Phil Foden struck twice as holders Manchester City thrashed Huddersfield 5-0.

In-form Foden impressed once again but De Bruyne’s comeback after five months out with a hamstring injury was also of significance for Pep Guardiola’s side.

Luton were frustrated by League One high-flyers Bolton as the teams played out a drab goalless draw at Kenilworth Road.

Rob Edwards fielded a near-full strength side in spite of the hosts’ Premier League survival bid but they were still unable to break down the side currently sitting second in the third tier.

Nottingham Forest had to come from two goals down to avoid third-round history repeating itself as they earned a 2-2 draw with League One Blackpool.

Forest looked like heading out to the Seasiders at this stage for a second

straight year when they conceded twice in three first-half minutes, with Jordan

Lawrence-Gabriel and Albie Morgan getting the goals.

But the Premier League outfit hit back with strikes from Nicolas Dominguez and Morgan Gibbs-White either side of the break.

Patrick Bamford’s moment of brilliance lit up Leeds’ smooth passage into the fourth round with a 3-0 win at Peterborough.

Bamford, making only his second start of the campaign, delivered a stunning strike shortly after half-time after the opener had been scored by Ethan Ampadu, who also added the third.

West Brom ran riot in the first-half to put a quick end to Aldershot’s hopes of an upset in a 4-1 victory at The Hawthorns.

Nathaniel Chalobah, Jovan Malcolm and Daryl Dike were on target before half-time with Tom Fellows adding the fourth. Lorent Tolaj replied for the National League side in added-time.

Tom O’Connor’s deflected second-half shot was enough to give Wrexham a 1-0 victory at Shrewsbury.

Published: by Radio NewsHub

Scroll to Top